March 28, 2014

Book Review - Cold Killing by Luke Delaney

The cover says 'No motive, no mercy, no remorse.' This is a fairly cold book all round, full of grisly murders and a most unsympathetic killer. The detective team try hard to have some humanity but in the end this didn't quite gel for me. It is good but just seemed to miss being very good and I don't know why? I think I got annoyed with the wife of the lead detective who wasn't given much to do except to be either irritated or annoyingly caring about her husband's way of immersing himself in the killer's viewpoint. Perhaps that's how detectives' wives are and there isn't a resolution if they don't divorce but I was left wondering how it helped the story and I don't think it did. Some of the minor characters seem to be more interesting than the leads so I wanted to see more of them. Anyway – give it a go and see what you think! Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment