March 01, 2013

Book Review - Fault Line by Robert Goddard


Jonathan Kellaway is about to retire when he is asked to do one more task for his employer, a multi-national china clay company. The company and Jonathan share their origins in a small Cornish village, where he had a seminal summer involving a pretty girl and her troubled brother.

And that was how we first met, Vivien Foster and I. …she never once glanced around at me, though she cast several glances in her brother's direction. It was pretty clear she'd barely noticed me. But I'd noticed her. And I was already certain I'd never forget her. How right I was.

Told partly in flashback, the story evolves layers of complexity as Jonathan finally resolves the mystery underlying that summer and the ripple effects on all who were involved. Another intriguing story from Robert Goddard.

Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment